Skip to main content

  • Entertainment

‘People Always Think I Am Foolish, Stupid’- Mr Ibu


By: AYOPOPUAL | 
John Okafor, aka Mr. Ibu, commands a huge fan base and he is in fact one of the most popular actors in the country.
While many may be willing to trade their limbs for the type of fame Mr. Ibu has, the comic actor is not entirely happy about his status. He told Sunday Scoop, “A lot of people think I’m stupid and foolish because of the roles I play in movies.
At times, when I have something meaningful to say, people don’t take me serious as they think I’m cracking jokes. People also think that I’m an illiterate but that’s not true. I come from a humble background and I struggled a lot while growing up.
My parents weren’t well-to-do so I had to hustle to download whatever I wanted by myself. We were basically living from hand to mouth and our situation was quite pathetic. However, despite our lack, I still considered education as a priority and I always had it at the back of my mind that I would keep learning.
I attended the Institute of Management and Technology for my tertiary education though I was a part-time student.”
Continuing, he said, “Due to lack of funds, there were times I had to stop schooling, but I always continued after sometime. What a lot of people don’t know about me is that I’m a deep thinker and I like to meditate on issues.
For example, I have a lot of plans for Nollywood and I hope the government can pay more attention to this sector. Nollywood has helped to propagate Nigeria’s culture across the world, and even in far flung countries where you wouldn’t expect, they have seen Nollywood movies there. That should tell you that Nollywood is too important not to be taken serious.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vigilante Group Stoned Polytechnic Student To Death In Benue State (Photo) Posted By: Ayopopula 24-year-old student of benue state polytechnic has been stoned to death Emmanuel Akola , a 24-year-old National Diploma 11 students of Benue State Polytechnic has been allegedly stoned to death by a vigilante group in Ugbokolo area of Benue State. Akola, a native of Otukpa in Ogbadibo LGA of the state was accused of being a cultist and member of a notorious criminal terrorizing the community. It  was gathered that the deceased is believed to be a friend to the four suspected armed robbers recently killed in the area by the vigilante. A source, who gave her name as Queen told  DailyPost  correspondent that Akola, famously known as 2green was in Otukpa with his grandmom when he was informed that his friends had been killed by the vigilante group. The source said on getting to the  school , the deceased searched for the corpses of his friends  without  any result. “So he de
Comedy Video: Woli Agba Assigned Dele as New Choirmaster (So Hilarious) Woli Agba Assigned Dele as New Choirmaster but Dele… Dele’s epic responds to the new position was kinda hilarious and epic!!
JAMB 2017: See How Universities Will Conduct Admission This Year (Must See) How will universities determine cutoff marks to admit students How Will Universities admit student in 2017 base on cut off marks How Universities will Conduct Admission this Year. After the recent scrapping of post utme exam by the federal government, you might be wondering how the universities will conduct admission this year. Going by the reactions of candidates over the withdrawal of the list of candidates sent to tertiary institutions for admission consideration by  JAMB , it is important we clarify a few things to avoid confusion and ensure candidates are properly guided. So here are important things you should know and keep in mind concerning this new development; 1. The University senate now has autonomy to select candidates for admission. However the list of selected candidates must pass through  JAMB  for approval and issuance of admission letters. 2. Whether or not you wer